Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Quinoa Mac n Cheese

 

Last night I made quinoa mac n' cheese for the first time. I had never had quinoa before, and neither had my husband... but it was a hit! I posted about it on Facebook and got some requests for the recipe, so I figured I'd post it! I got the original recipe from Pinterest, but I made quite a few tweaks.

What You Need
-1 cup quinoa
-2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth if you're a vegetarian)
-2 eggs
-1 cup milk
-2 cups cheese
-1/2 cup bread crumbs
-salt/pepper



What You Do
-Rinse your quinoa- either with a fine mesh strainer OR if you don't have one (I don't) just swirl some water around in a pot and then pour the water out
-Bring your quinoa and broth to a boil for 5 minutes, then simmer covered for 15 minutes
-Preheat oven to 350
-In a casserole dish whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper
-Once quinoa is done, add to egg mixture
-Add cheese and mix together
-Sprinkle bread crumbs on top
-Bake for 30 mins of until top is browned



I used a combination of colby jack, cheddar and pepper jack cheeses... but use whatever you like or have in the fridge!

Enjoy!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment