Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gym Slump



When it comes to working out and eating healthy.. the key for me is momentum. When I go to the gym regularly I find it so much easier to eat healthy, which makes me want to go to the gym the next day... all in all its a feeling great and being happy cycle. But then when I miss a day or two at the gym, I don't know what it is but the unhealthy foods just seem to appeal to me! One day turns into another, and I find myself in a slump!

Take for instance my recent trip to Minnesota... one week with no gym, and no real way to work out (unless I wanted to be munched on my a million mosquitos while running), coupled with yummy unhealthy foods and cocktails almost every night... I felt BLAH! And on top of that, I was dreading getting back into the swing of things once we got back to St. Louis.... 

But today, I finally broke through that slump! I've been eating lots of fruits, veggies, lean protein and brown rice since we've been back, and did an hour of cardio this morning at the gym! Now I'm off to take a pilates class... can you tell I'm feeling better?!

What do you do to break out of your gym slump?

No comments:

Post a Comment