Monday, June 24, 2013

Smooth Sailing

You know what I love... Smoothies! They are the perfect summer breakfast... not to mention healthy and delicious! And I love that you can change it up based on whatever ingredients you happen to have at home.

I've gotten into the habit of working out first thing in the morning, then coming home to whip up a smoothie for breakfast. If I get my timing right I enjoy my smoothie while I watch Kathie Lee and Hoda.. love them!

                                          (Source)
 
Anywho, here is how I make my smoothies.

Ingredients:
- 1 cup frozen fruit (I used blueberries, strawberries and raspberries)
- 4-6 oz of any flavor yogurt (I had 4 oz of Trader Joe's banana yogurt on hand)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 Tbsp flax seed


Blend all ingredients together in blender until lumps of fruit and spinach leaves are no longer visible. 



Now, you might be thinking "SPINACH in a smoothie?"... because thats what I first thought. But in reality, you cannot even taste it (I pinky swear!!). Its an easy way to get another serving of veggies into your diet.


What do you like to put in your smoothies?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment