Thursday, June 27, 2013

Easy Cheesy Enchiladas

Hey there! Today I'm going to share one of my very favorite recipes with you. My Dad taught me how to make these a while ago... and they are hands down my husband's favorite meal. Better yet, they are super easy to make!


Here's what you need...



-8 oz of shredded cheese
-1/2 cup of diced jalapenos (more or less depending on how spicy you want them)
-8 medium sized flour tortillas (I use low fat)
-28 oz can of green enchilada sauce
-Vegetable or canola oil
-9 x 13 baking dish

(Don't preheat your oven right away, otherwise it will ready before you need it)

Directions:

- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Heat both sides of a tortilla in the oil until it gets golden, set aside.
- Repeat this process (Step 1 and 2) for all tortillas.
*Use tongs, the tortilla can get really hot!




-Now, preheat your oven to 350.
-Mix your cheese and jalapenos together in a bowl
-Add 1/3 of a cup of your cheese/jalapeno mixture to each tortilla.
-Roll your tortilla, and place seam down in a baking dish (size of dish really doesn't matter)
-Repeat for all tortillas, once bottom of dish is full, add tortillas on the top
- Add enchilada sauce, sprinkle any leftover cheese on top
-Bake for 30 mins, or until sauce bubbles








ENJOY! My husband is a huge meat-eater, but like I said, this is his favorite meal. And if you're sensitive to spicy food, don't worry, the green sauce is really really mild (even though it says medium). Omit some jalapenos if you need to.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment