Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Tale of Two BBs...

I am constantly trying out new make-up and the trend of BB cream was no exception! From what I had heard and read, I was expecting a face lotion type consistency + some coverage + an SPF. I bought a drugstore brand, Garnier, for $13.00 and a department store brand, Estee Lauder, for $39.00. Here is what I found...


1: Garnier BB Cream - Oil free- SPF 20
- My first impression was that it was very runny and the color seemed darker and more orange than my skin tone. Honestly, I was a little scared!
-Because it was thinner in consistency than my usual lotion, it went further and I used less.
-It blended well into my skin, and didn't look as orange or dark as I thought it would. (I wasn't super tan when I first tried it, so I put some Bare Minerals powder on top.)
-It lasted all day and I had many compliments that my skin looked clear and 'glowy'.

Overall, a great buy for not a lot of cost!


2: Estée Lauder Day Wear BB- SPF 35
- My first impression was that it was quite thick, and it smelled nice.
- Because it was a thick consistency, it felt really heavy on my skin and took some effort to blend
- It matched my skin tone perfectly, which I was thankful for because I wasn't going to put powder on top or it would've felt even heavier!
- Halfway through the day I reapplied to get more coverage on my T zone

Overall, the product was pretty good.. but not as good as the Garnier. Higher cost does not mean better product!


What has your experience been with BB cream? What brand do you prefer? The new thing is "CC Cream"... I will have to try that next!

**Please note that this is purely based off my personal experiences.
I am in no way affiliated with either product**
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I tried the Garnier one and was impressed with it for the price! Try Tarte's version- it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete